Digital Service Transformation Strategies for Government
Full-day Workshop- Monday 25 June, Adelaide
This full‐day workshop will help you to understand, plan and manage the digital transformation of government services, both external and internal facing. Join your peers to explore strategies and methods for identifying, prioritising and digitising services. We will look at key challenges such as managing change and getting internal buy-in.
Who should attend
Whether you are about to embark on digital transformation of services, or are on that journey now, this workshop will be of great benefit. We expect public servants participants to include people holding role such as: customer service manager, customer experience, digital team member, website or social media managers, business analysts, marketing and communications.
What you will learn
- Digital service transformation scope, nature and purpose
- Benefits for customers and agencies
- Governance and management
- Digital leadership and literacy
- Managing change and breaking down the silos
- Identifying and prioritising digital transformation projects
- How to monitor, report and manage risk of transformation
- The SA Government and DTA’s digital service standards and guides will be referenced throughout the workshop.
- Improve the effectiveness of digital service transformation
- Maximise the benefits of DST to customers and the agency
- Be more productive in managing DST
- Ensure compliance with government standards
- Expand your peer network
Morning – 9.00am – 12.30pm
- Concepts: What is digital service transformation - key elements; terminology and jargon; transition vs transformation;
- Benefits to customers and agencies. Alignment with your agency's purpose and your customers' needs. Who are the beneficiaries, in what ways do they benefit? How do you quantify benefits?
- Managing change and breaking down the silos - identifying what needs changing, how to lead change and achieve internal buy-in, digital leadership and digital literacy
Afternoon – 1.15pm – 4.30pm
- How to identify and prioritise digital transformation projects
- Strategies for implementing the transformation process
- How to monitor, report and manage the the digital service transformation journey
The workshop format is a mix of presentation, discussion, practical exercises, examples, group work and interaction between participants.