Digital Workshop Program 2018
Digital Service Transformation Strategies for Government - Monday 25 June, Adelaide
This full‐day workshop will help you to plan and manage the digital transformation of government services – external and internal. Join your peers to explore strategies and methods for identifying, prioritising and digitising services. We will look at key challenges such as managing change and getting internal buy-in.
- Digital service transformation scope, nature and purpose
- Benefits for customers and agencies
- Governance and management
- Digital leadership and literacy
- Managing change and breaking down the silos
- Identifying and prioritising digital transformation projects
- How to monitor, report and manage risk
- The SAG and DTA’s digital service standards and guides will be referenced throughout the workshop.
User-Centred Writing for Government Websites
- Tuesday 26 June, Adelaide
Join your peers in government for this full‐day workshop where we will explore how to plan, compose and organise the text on your website so it is easy to find and understand. We will examine how to meet your customers’ needs and how to write in plain language and to comply with the accessibility standards.
The SA Government's and DTA’s Content Guide will be featured.
- Understanding your purpose and audience
- Plain language – writing clearly, succinctly and accurately
- Structuring and organising content
- Content layering and balancing simplicity vs complexity
- Content presentation and layout for instructing and influencing
- Complying with accessibility guidelines ‐ WCAG 2.1
- Composing content for higher ranking in Google
- Complying with the SAG and DTA Content Guide
Popular digital workshops
Business survival tips for the Digital Age – For small to medium businesses and governments. Topics include: Understanding your customer; Making it easy for users to do business with you online; How to improve your Google ranking; Using social media; Transforming and innovating to survive.
Digital Strategy on-a-page – For small to medium businesses and governments. Learn how to develop a highly effective digital strategy using our digital strategy on-a-page method. Benefit from fast tracking the development of your digital strategy and learn about what makes an effective digital strategy.
The A-Z of managing your digital business –For small to medium businesses and governments. Topics include: Governance and risk management; Digital team structure and management; Developing policies and guidelines for staff; Resourcing issues; Managing vendors and developers.
Marketing your information, products and services online – For small to medium businesses. Topics include: Understanding how customers think and act online; Identifying your audiences and their characteristics; What mix of digital channels (website, app, social media) is right for you and your customers; How to make your information, products and services easy to find, understand and procure; Governance and management of your digital channels and online marketing activities.
The workshops are aimed at non-technical people, and they presented in an engaging, interactive style with Steven providing practical hints and tips and sharing numerous lessons learnt from 20 years' experience advising organisations about these digital topics and issues.